Sometimes websites need to be (temporary) added to the compatibility list in Internet Explorer to make sure the website will work like it should. Good examples are Outlook Webmail 2010 or the Citrix Netscaler, which are not always compatible. After adding them into the list they will be displayed properly.
There are two ways of adding them to the list, but I really prefer the way of adding a regkey, above the setting to put it in Administrative Templates and Internet Security. The way of adding it with a regkey will be used here.
For more information about GPO’s check here: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc731892
- Open Internet Explorer on a local machine and add the website to the list of websites to be loaded in compatibility view
- Now open %SystemRoot%\system32\mmc.exe %SystemRoot%\system32\gpmc.msc
- Browse to your customer environment
- Open User Configuration > Preference > Windows Setting > Registry
- Add new collection item and name it “Compatilibility” (or anything else)
- Right click > Registry Wizard
- Select Local Computer
- Browse to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\BrowserEmulation\ClearableListData\UserFilter as below and select UserFilter
- Check if it’s correctly added:
- Finish the change
- Run gpupdate /force in DC (and local server)
- Test again