Recently I’ve been looking around for a good solution to monitor the expiration and verification of SSL certificates. Tried to script using powershell, that’s also possible but a SCOM2012 MP is a far more better solution to keep track of all you certificates. If you’re using Windows 2003, Windows 2008 (or R2) or Windows XP/7 the best solution is to check out this MP:
How to use?
- Download and unpack the .ZIP file
- Read Certificate MP Guide 220.127.116.11.pdf
- Import SystemCenterCentral.Utilities.Certificates.mp
- Import (as unsigned/unsealed MP) SystemCenterCentral.Utilities.Certificates.QuickStartOverrides.xml
- Config the overrides of your needings
- Check if the SSL certificates (in the personal store or elswhere) are visible: