Monitoring the WMI is a default monitor in SCOM, it monitors whether is healthy or not. Recently we’re seeing a few of our Citrix XenApp servers being reported as unhealthy due WMI issues; applications may not run properly and users may have issues with their working within the desktop.
Is it possible to fix the WMI? Yes. I made a small 1-2-3 how to fix it.
- First of all make sure there are NO users logged in to the server – you have to reboot
- Open a CMD on the server that has beed reported
- Type and you’ll see it inconsistent:
- Now type the following to be sure it’s true:
wbemtest / Connect.
- Press the connect button:
- And again the connect button:
- As expected: whoops broken :(
- Close everything down but keep the CMD open and type:
- Error – what?
- Just re-enter:
Note: it just a way to fix your WMI errors – you’ll have to look why this happened.